Ipod Touch - Notes - Sync in iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ChrisG9999, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ChrisG9999

ChrisG9999 New Member

After jailbreaking my touch I added the iPhone software to the Touch. When I start iTunes I can sync the old thinks like calendar but not the new added info like Notes. Is it possible to change sommeting so I can sync also Notes.

Chris
  2. lilblondedude

lilblondedude New Member

You cannot sync notes with the iPod touch because the computer will only sync Notes with an iPhone, and even then you must have a Mac with Leopard.

Obviously, Apple are not condoning the jailbreaking of iPods so they will not officially build in a feature to sync notes - at least until the SDK release in febuary.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a way of getting around this easily. Sorry! I'd like the feature as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. pominoz

pominoz New Member

Synchronising Notes

Hi,

If you have Leopard and a .Mac account you can sync Notes on your iPod Touch. You create your notes in the Mail application. Under the Notes section of Mail you can move the Notes to your .Mac account and these will show up on you iPod Touch in the Mail application.

Voila!!

Paul
  4. Teschnofan

Teschnofan New Member

Any update on this topic with Firmware 1.1.3 for the iPod Touch ?

Teschnofan
  5. deltazulu

deltazulu New Member

Notes import from Outlook

Here's a quick and dirty perl script that 'should' pull your notes out of Outlook and put them into a notes.db file for the Ipod Touch. It worked for me. I've only tried in my enviroment, so, no promises. Read the readme file for more info.

Attached Files:

6. JVF

JVF New Member

Question re sftp

Please excuse my novice-ness, but how does your sftp client find the iPod Touch? Many thanks.

7. bcm4057

bcm4057 New Member

Itouch notes sync to Outlook

Itouch notes and Outlook Notes will sync using Itunes 10 or 9.2.1. Outlook Notes will sync to your Itouch by selecting Synchronize notes to Outlook on the info page of Itunes. But, if you want your Itouch notes to sync to your Outlook notes, try this. Go to Notes on your Itouch and select Accounts. You will see All Notes, From My PC and possibly other accounts. To have Itouch Notes sync with Outlook Notes you need to create your notes in the “From My PC” account.