iPod Touch not turning on atall

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anc96, Dec 23, 2008.

1. anc96

anc96 New Member

My iPod was low on power and then it shut itself off. When I turned it back on, I got that screen where there is the battery is flashing red and has the USB thing on it or whatever. Then (as it does when it shows that screen) it turned itself off. When I plugged it into my PC, nothing happened. It didn't turn on and iTunes didn't open. I left it plugged in for about 60 mins like the troubleshooter said - then I disconnected it and tried turning it on again - nothing happened.

Will my iPod have to go to Apple?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Let it charge for a while(a few hours). If that doesn't work try to put it in dfu mode and restore. If you can't get it into dfu then you might want to take it to apple.
  3. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

try holding home for 5 sec, then dont let go and press power for 10 sec and let go of power but keep holding on to home until it connects to itunes, and make sure the usb is connected during this.. after this, try to restore
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad

This is how to enter dfu I would try to enter recovery first. Since your iPod is off, simply open iTunes, hold down the home button then plug it in with USB, keep holding home button till enters recovery.
  5. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

wow i didnt kno that

that should work too
  6. anc96

anc96 New Member

@baseballMVP755: I have done that but iTunes said 'Software for this iPod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again.'

EDIT: I googled how to take it out of DFU mode. I then planned to put it into recovery mode - but I didn't need to! When I took it out of DFU mode (held the home and power button for a few secs) the Apple logo appeared! My iPod has now booted up fine and is syncing with iTunes - everything is just as it was before it died. Thank You Both very much!!!

Mods Please Lock
  7. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

cool, good to kno that u fixed it