ipod touch not responding

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RiddiMReddemption, May 17, 2010.

1. RiddiMReddemption

RiddiMReddemption New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My jailbroken ipod touch 2g with 3.1.3 is freezing it is really slow and about over 2 years old the power button is falling in a bit and the touch screen is not responing as soon as I get into it it keeps respring by itself after the home screen does not respond I have not tried resetting it yet I will soon but I need some help before I try a restore. I just upgraded to 3.1.3 yesterday
  2. Maki2012

Maki2012 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sentences are very nice.

Quickest way to "fix" the problem is to do a full re-jailbreak. Trying to fix the problem will cause more problems and frustration than a 5 to 10 minute jailbreak and sync.

If it is really that old, you should consider replacing it. The fact that hardware is breaking after so much use shows you really should replace it.

Two options-
    Enter DFU or restore mode. Google it or follow these instructions:
    Hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the screen goes blank, then release the sleep button but keep holding the home button. You should either get a blank screen or a very obvious restore screen. Plug it into your computer and do a complete update.

If your sleep button is damaged that much, disconnect the iPod from the computer. Turn the iPod off using any method. While holding the home button, reconnect the iPod to the computer and keep holding the home button.

For all these steps, always have iTunes open.

Good Luck,
    jmki1
  3. RiddiMReddemption

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did this after you told me and it worked thankyou but I really do hate spirit it seems to simple that it more trouble then its worth and my power switch still works but looks like its almost colapsed in.
  4. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol i use the power/lock button constantly to save battery, and its getting sorta loose and the phone is a month old
  5. RiddiMReddemption

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is how I fixed my problem I just downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and used the un-tethered jailbreak and got rid of my 200 + apps and the problem went away sure I cant do anything about the power button unless I send it it but it still works I will just keep using it until it breaks.