iPod Touch Not Responding (not a freeze)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pecavuk, Jun 13, 2009.

1. pecavuk

pecavuk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So this is the second time this happened to me. The iPod touch 1gen 16GB won't go to sleep. I can restart it, shut if down but nothing helps. When i set it to sleep, it's like he decreases the brightness to about 20% and takes me to the home screen with ''slide to unlock''. I don't know what's causing this.

But that isn't the main problem. The device runs great but the touch screen doesn't respond in any app, including the safari web browser. The home button and sleep work.

I don't know how it got back to normal after the first time. I'll drain it's battery to see if that fixes the problem. And i will force restore it if i have to.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if this was answered before.
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

try and reset it, or plug it into iTunes and click on restore (it will erase everything)
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this is a random error that occurs due to different software incompatibilities....
    hold home + sleep for about 10 seconds and your device will do an usual reboot no need to drain the battery

I also get this sometims^^ nothing weird
  4. pecavuk

pecavuk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Strange...that worked. Don't realize how tho, i did the same about 10 times but only holding it for 7, then clicking again for booting.

Now i have another problem, on some apps like MobileTwitter and every time PDFViewer just close, without a warning. PDFViewer closes everytime i change the pages faster then 2 seconds. Any solution? Also thanks for the help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the PDFViewer closing issue is because your phone runs out of memory^^ you have a complex winterboard theme installed right?
    or you have too much apps running in the background^^

otherwise install sbsettings and let the RAM show in your statusbar...as soon as the memory runs down to 5mb or less the iphone will start to kill apps randomly

Please Register or Log in to view images

(the OS asks the apps to exit for freeing resources)

I'm very sure that it is the RAM issue causing these PDFViewer crashes (pdfviewer needs a lot of ram...it will unload pages from the memory if you scroll slowly...but if you scroll fast it cannot unload the pages fast enough so it just dies)