iPod Touch not readable not charging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TuffTexan, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TuffTexan

TuffTexan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If this is a redundant plea, please forgive me. I did a search and have not found a similar problem:

My 2G iTouch has been upgraded to 3G for a few months now. Recently it has been giving me fits. After the battery has worn all the way down, if I put it on my laptop to charge I'll get the faint battery pop up and it looks as if its going to charge, however after a minute or two I'll get the popup on my laptop that says "USB Device Not Recognized" and it will stop charging. I'll turn it on and the iTouch of course will say "20% battery remaining".

This started happening a month or so ago and I was having problems getting the wall charger to get it charging, but it finally started charging OK, but its doing it again for the laptop.

I have reset it several times, rebooted my computer a few times, and still not having much luck. And yes ... the proper driver is in my Windows Systems folder. And it has not been jailbroken.

Any idea what's going on?
  2. graymalkin

graymalkin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No idea at all I'm afraid, but, it does leave you potentially better off, firstly I'd try another PC, it might be your USB hub inside the computer, or, you should be able to take into an Apple Retail Store (oh yeah, proper terminology here boy

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and exchange it for a new iPod touch of the same capcaity. At the very least a Genius could know what is going on and be able to help you fix it. If you are using a laptop take that in too to show them the problem.

Also if they can help and replace it, as you have a 16 GB iPod it will be replaced with the latest 16 GB model with the faster CPU! w00t!

By upgraded to 3G for a few months, I assume you mean software not hardware.