iPod Touch not idetified properly

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by sbenford, Jan 19, 2008.

1. sbenford

sbenford New Member

Hi folks,
    I'm a newbie to this forum and was wondering if anybody had experienced the following problem since upgrading to 1.1.3:
    On my first attempt at downloading 1.1.3, the download gave me an error message. Since the it seems that 9 times out of 10 when I connect my iPod to my pc, I get the following error message in iTunes: "An iPhone has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, then try again".
    I checked out the Q&A sections on the iTunes website and after trying a couple of the suggested remedies, my iPod touch was once again recognised and I was able to re load 1.1.3 and I have since been able to sync my latest downloads and also been able to load the new applications.
    However, I have tried to sync my itunes again today and have once again got the: "An iPhone has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, then try again" error message.
    I can't understand what is causing this. Any suggestions? Why does my iTunes think I have an iPhone?
    S
  2. d113

d113 New Member

I'm having the same issue.. has anyone helped this gentleman?

D
  3. tj.whosyomomma

tj.whosyomomma New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have this problem too, but is it really a problem?
  4. tj.whosyomomma

tj.whosyomomma New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    correction

i just recconnected my ipod after it registering as an iphone, and now it registers as an ipod touch, problem solved?
  5. Bird City

Bird City New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  6. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It sometimes does that when you've plugged in an iPhone into the computer before. For instance, if you had an iPod Touch, plugged it into iTunes and used it before to sync. If you get an iPhone and plug it into iTunes, it thinks its an iPod Touch at first.
  7. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

you need to enter something called DFU mode to eaisily downgrade ill find a video in a sec...
  8. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

9. q8snake

q8snake New Member

I got this same problem while I am now in 1.1.4