Ipod Touch not being recognized or turning on.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by imstillhere, Mar 23, 2009.

1. imstillhere

imstillhere New Member

Just recently, my Ipod Touch stopped working (it's been hacked into...idk, my brother did it for me, it has a pineapple when it starts up). I'm using a mac and it will not recognize it on my computer anymore. Nor does anything show up on the ipod's screen when it's plugged in. I tried resetting it, nothing happens. However, when I plug it into a wall charger, it displays the pineapple for a couple seconds and then shuts off. I've left it in the wall charger over night a could different times and it still doesn't work, so it's not the battery.

It also MIGHT have water damage? I carry a water bottle in my purse and it leaked one day, but my ipod was not like drenched in water, so...

If anyone can help, that'd be great! I had an appointment with Apple to see if they could fix it, but my brother said I should see if I can fix it myself first, otherwise they'll see I hacked into it and my warranty will stop.
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
  3. imstillhere

imstillhere New Member

how do i put it in DFU mode?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay, just kidding, i got it in DFU mode. thanks for your help, i might have a couple questions yet, not sure.
  4. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    actually i think you can just hold down the home button and plug it in at the same time and hold it until it goes into recovery. then try the post.
  5. imstillhere

imstillhere New Member

okay, i'm really stupid, and i don't understand anything on that thread link that you gave me.
  6. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok. if that how to get ipod out of recovery mode doesnt work i can send you a firmware that is flash NOR only so you dont lose all your data. just restore with it.
  7. imstillhere

imstillhere New Member

again, i'm really stupid, you'll have to walk me through this.
  8. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    im no good at explaining it. thats why its confusing lolz if you download team viewer i can do it for you. unless you can find someone who knows what i mean in the thread lolz
  9. imstillhere

imstillhere New Member

okay what is team viewer? it'd be a lot easier if you just did it for me haha
  10. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    it lets us share your computer. i will be able to see your computer on my desktop and i can just do everything for you. we can both use it pretty much. ill send you the download link in a PM.