iPod Touch - Multiple Problems - Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smgrazie, Jul 22, 2009.

1. smgrazie

smgrazie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've had my touch for about four months now and use it daily. I've recently started having numerous problems which I've been unable to fix. I'm not tech-savvy but I am trying to keep from having to completely erase all data and apps and start over from scratch.

Here are my problems:

1. There are times when I try to listen to music, or general sound on an app that I've downloaded, and no sound comes out. There is a little bubble that appears that says "headphones mode" or something very similar yet I am not using headphones. I cannot figure out how to get it off headphone mode. I should note that this does not happen all of the time and I have tried deleting and reloading the music and apps with which I've had a problem. Unfortunately, there is no rhyme or reason as to how or when this problem occurs so I cannot pinpoint what is causing it.

2. I have tried to reset all settings - has not helped

3. I tried to restart as well ... but it seems to get stuck in the perpetual restart mode where it will continue to restart even after I turn it off until I power down all-together.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
  2. Childofgod

Childofgod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay your ipod can tell if your headphones are plug in directly from the slot. Which means if it gets dented or dirty ect it can fake out the ipod. All you need to do is go into apple tell them your problem and they will help you for free. The apps and music have nothing to do with the speaker to headphones so there is almost nothing you can do but try and clean the inside of the jack with a dry something or take it in to apple and say hi i have a problem.

Hope this helps!