Ipod touch mods via mac

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PsYcHoKoRy, Oct 24, 2007.

1. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

I have been searching and looking around this forum for hours now and there is a TON of great information but most of it is for PC users.. I use a mac and I want to add apps/icons/themes/mods etc to my touch. I did a jailbreak lastnight and have just very basic information about all the cool stuff that can be done.. does anyone have any links/videos etc that can show/inform me on how to do all this cool stuff to my touch via a mac?

Thanks so much!
  2. roflsauce

roflsauce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Once you jailbreak, nearly everything is platform independent. That is, it's just uploading files or running terminal commands, which are done on the Touch from any OS.
  3. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

alright dude that was awesome information but pretend like you are talking to a 3 year old when explaining this to me please. my computer knowledge is very limited. all that went right over my head.
  4. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

none of you people use mac's?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use mac but I didnt mod with it.. I used my Windows Xp Pc
  6. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

Ok, I will give you the basics ok.

If you have a mac. Go here and download Cyberduck
    You will also need the PlistEdit Pro if you want edit certain files. You will most likey need it. I did. You can get it from apple's site here

After you have done that. Install Cyberduck and then watch the videos in this next step and it will walk you right through it.
    **NOTE** The guy in the video is using a Windows computer. Don't Worry!!
    Just follow every step of the procedure that he tells you using your Cyberduck on your Mac.
    What "roflsauce"(from the above post) was was trying to say was, that all of the procedures of transferring all of the files are the same.

Go to the IPODTOUCHMASTER05's Youtube Guide! and watch all of his
    videos from the beginning.

Lastly, as a reference you can use the Ultimate Guide

That should pretty much get you on your way.
  7. hourog

hourog New Member

When following the ipodtouchmasters video about installing the Apple apps, there is much confusion on the YouTube site concerning the iTunesMobileDevice.dll

Where exactly does the file come from, and where should it be installed before shutting down the iTunes/Apple services and starting the app install process?

Thanks.

NM I think I figured it out