iPod Touch Microphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by jlb8soccer, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Please submit your name and email at http://jicmic.no-ip.org if you are interested in a microphone.

Update:
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Just so you know the project is still underway. And we now acquired a new member of the JicMic team who is developing software for the microphone. We will release a demonstration video soon as the software is finished to demonstrate what it does, how it functions and also how the microphone functions. Currently the microphone is being improved and we are looking for ways to make it original and "special". Basically that is it. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I noticed that there are only two companies that sell microphones. So I decided to join the business, before I invest in about 200 microphones, could people post here if there interested. The microphones will be featured in 5 different colors, basically the same shape as the touchmod microphones and will probably be around the same price.
  2. plokiju

plokiju New Member

I would only be interested if there is an attached speaker or some other benefit (or a lower price, but I think $30-40 is reasonable)
  3. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I am thinking 37 dollars. And I will look into speaker, but that would make it much larger to have a decent quality speaker.
  4. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Anyone, this is important I don't want to waste my money
  5. plokiju

plokiju New Member

I have been waiting for a more advance mic with something extra (i was hoping the touchmods XXXL thingwould be) for a while, and i think if u made it lots of people would want it. Right now is the perfect time for a new mic to enter the market because both touchmods and Jvandervalk mics arent being made at the moment.
  6. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well, mine comes in 5 different colors. Red, Blue, Grey, White and Black. Also, custom decals, and possibly etched names will be possible. And were looking into possible enhancements, so will see.
  7. quackattack

quackattack New Member

from theses options i think you would def. have 200 sold!
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

good idea
    but are you making all of these mics, or did you order a bunch from touchmods to sell
    just wondering
    but if you are gonna go ahead with the speakers i probably buy one
  9. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I made and am making myself, and I don't know if I could implement a speaker and still preserve the size. I also did a photoshop mockup of what the blue one will look like and how a custom name can be implemented on to it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

[Not a real version of it]

I do own a few tiny speakers I bought for fun, maybe I will see what I can do with them.

Pictures of speakers:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Though if they were to be implemented together, it would use up the jack and the dock connector spot. But I mean will see. That one above is 20 dollars but they do sell a 5 dollar. So if I can combine and downsize my current one then I will possibly purchase some of the 5 dollar ones and combine them. But again will see.
  10. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Basically I just want a head count of who is looking for microphones, so I don't blow away my money.