iPod Touch microphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AlonL, Apr 15, 2009.

1. AlonL

AlonL New Member

I got some iPhone headphone + mic knockoff, and it doesn't seem to work.
    The headphones work fine, but the mic doesn't provide any input.
    Cant record, cant talk on Skype, Skype doesn't even recognize I have a mic attached.

Now, the set only cost me like 3 bucks, so I don't really mind trashing them, but could it be I'm just not doing something right?
    Are there any modifications required, or is it really just plugging it in?
  2. rogatsby

rogatsby New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Based on what I know, the Apple in-ear earphones with mic are the only ones that work flawlessly on the iPod touch 2g. The problem is, they are quite pricey. But IMO, they are really worth it. They work great as earphones, of course, and are a tremendous upgrade to the regular Apple plugs. Also, the mic works great. Family and friends who I call on Skype have told me that they can hear me crystal clear, even when I'm on a busy street.
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the headset+mic should have only one jack, namely line-in.
  4. AlonL

AlonL New Member

The knockoff I got is quite similar to the original (one jack, three rings).
    I'm not looking for a great headset to use for frequent VoIP calls or for recording memos,
    I just wanted to test out the gimmick and have a nice lil' Skype phone for occasions, so the 3 dollar set fits right in.
    I don't see myself investing any more in that.

Basically, what I gather from this thread, is that it should work in theory, and its not my iPod or me thats messed up, its just the mic that isnt working.