iPod touch Mic Adapter's Mic Not Being Detected

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Raytheon117, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Raytheon117

Raytheon117 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello all,

I recently bought an iPhone mic adapter to use with my iPod touch 2G from here, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27966 (hey, it was pretty cheap

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I received it yesterday, plugged it in, plugged my headphones into it and can hear through the headphones normally. However, when trying the Voice Memos app, or any other app like Skype, Truphone or Quickvoice, it always says 'Unable to Record - Unable to detect a headset. Please make sure all connetions are secured.' or something to that effect. Now, I know it said 'iPhone mic adapter' and all, but before i bought it, i watched this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-EExN0KZeU and as you can see, his works. Mine's just a black version of it (which, for all I know, could have broken compatability somehow or something).

Things I've tried:
    Using jailbroken firmware 3.0
    Using original firmware 3.0
    Using firmware 2.2.1
    Using firmware 2.2

The headphone pass through seems to work fine...with the adapter plugged in, i can still listen to my headphones. It's just that the mic does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I try 2.1.1 firmware or something, or are there no voice apps for that firmware? Or is it just cheap Hong Kong garbage and probably is broken?

Thanks for all your help!
  2. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Erm, not to be rude, but it looks like there is a button or switch on the side? Try hitting that maybe its muting mic or something wierd. Not trying to make you look like an idiot, trying to help you "Make dat s*** WORK!" (As Jay would say)
  3. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dealextreme has history of shipping "not-perfect" or "fake" stuff as they ship many products from china.
    You could be one of the more unlucky ones with a defective adpater try contacting them.