Ipod Touch messed up wi-fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gang66, Jun 12, 2008.

1. gang66

gang66 New Member

Ok I have a jail-broken 1.1.4 ipod touch 16GB. I used to be able to use my neighbor's apple network everyday, ever since Christmas, to go on the internet with it and everything, and i have my own wired network that on my laptop i can convert to wireless (ad-hoc network). But i think ever since i restored it, or jail-broke it it wont get on wi-fi anymore, i have restored billions of tijmes, jailbroken it iwht different programs, i have done things to DNS, my ip settings everything, but nothing works, sometimes it will say (when i click on the connection) "cannot connect" or something like that, but sometimes it will say im on and i have full bars, but when i try to go on safari or itunes or the installer(jail-broken) it just wont go online it will jsut say "cannot connect to server" I have got it to work before for about 3 seconds, but thats it. I have been working ont his forever but nothing works, can someone please, please help me
  2. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

If you've restored it, and it still doesn't work, you might have bricked it somehow. Try to restore again, then Jailbreak. If it still doesn't work, it's probably you're wifi connection.
  3. ThatOneKid

ThatOneKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Numero uno:Bricking is when you cant do ANYTHING with the iPod
    As in, useless as a BRICK
    Nothing to do with the wifi
    Number 2:Theres a wifi fix in ZiPhone
  4. Mtirv

Mtirv New Member

I seem to be having the same problem. WiFi works fine on 1.1.1 and prior versions, but later than 1.1.1, WiFi will stay connected for a few seconds and then stop working. This happens each and every time it connects to any network.

Unfortunately, I get Unknown Error 1 whenever I try to restore from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1, even when I'm in DFU mode. The WiFi fix appears to be iPhone only, not iPod touch; It won't work for my iPod.
  5. gang66

gang66 New Member

I dont know about bricking i mean it isnt useless it can do everyhting besides wi-fi. And i have tried ziphone, liberty+, everything but no wi-fi, and now my wi-fi just sits there for awhile when it tried to load and then says it cant connect to server, i mean there has to be a fix for this. somewhere i've ehard of a lot of people witht his problem, but no fix...
  6. Albertoxx

Albertoxx New Member

Man somethign similar happened to me, my problem was that at the first days my ipod connected perfectly to my home wireless but since yesterday everytime i want to install soemthign from installer it says"cant find host" when iam perfectly connected to the wi-fi,

can someoen help me?
  7. gang66

gang66 New Member

Anybody have any kind of solution to this at all??? anyone please?
  8. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

Sorry... different terms when i used to be addicted to my PSP lol.
  9. gang66

gang66 New Member

So, is there any kind of fix to this? I want to be able to use wi-fi.
  10. Mtirv

Mtirv New Member

Here's the method that just worked for me:
    Download a copy of 1.1.1
    Use ZiPhone to enter DFU Restore Mode - Remember to close iTunes before this step
    Restore iPhone using 1.1.1

Other than restoring it like that, I've found no way to fix the WiFi problem.