iPod Touch messed up and unable to fix.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pyroxp7, Aug 3, 2008.

1. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    First of all, I had accessed internet through WiFi in the airport. Through there, I accessed the app store on my iPod Touch to update the free apps I had downloaded from the store. When updating, I was brought to the home screen, but everything froze. I turned it off hoping it would be fine, but nothing. So I went to Settings, General, and reseted everything to factory settings which took about an hour. After, I went back to Settings, but before I even put my finger on the screen to check things, it scrolled crazily, moving up and down and clicking random Settings (like photos, and videos), even though I didn't click them. I reseted my iPod Touch through iTunes several times, but the same problem keeps occurring. This problem occurred after trying to update my applications, which was before I reseted my iPod Touch Settings, General. The problem is that before I even click something, something else either pops up or the page keeps scrolling up and down. I'm not sure what to do cause I tried reseting it many times, but still to luck.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am currently using an iPod Touch 2.0.

Please help me.

2. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Restore?
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Have you tried to force it into DFU mode THEN Restore it through iTunes???

Or did you just restore it through iTunes???
  4. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Do a restore or do a force restore. If the computer does not recognize either of those two then enter DFU mode and restore.
  5. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Contact Apple about this if you haven't yet jailbroken your iPod but if you have, well then you'll only get yourself into deeper trouble if you tell Apple about it...

I'll advise doing the DFU restore. If you don't know how to do it, well then search for it as I'm too lazy to type it here even though the procedure is quite simple and short...

------------------double post merged------------------
    The iTunes restore sucks! A lot of problems are still there even after the restore. LONG LIVE DFU RESTORE! XD!
  6. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I haven't even jailbroken my iPod Touch once! But I tried restoring my iPod Touch, and afterwards it was fine, for a couple of minutes. What I found out, is that when I hover my finger over the pad (like keypad for typing), it seems to click where my finer hovered, or either scroll up and down, crazily. When I started to adjust the settings after restoring, my iPod Touch started going crazy again. I can't access my WiFi because I can't type anything due to the crazy sensitivity, I believe.

Also, when I tried typing in the password for WiFi, when I try to click 7, it click 6 several times or 6 and (.
    I first did a restore through iTunes, then through DFU mode afterwards. But still no luck. But it seems my iPod Touch is so sensitive, because before I click something and my finger is above the screen, it clicks before I touch it which gets pretty annoying, because it keeps scrolling up and down non-stop. And when I hover over the keyboard for typing, when I hover my finger to the letter/number I am going to use, it clicks the ones I hovered my finger over. Also, for example, when I clicked the letter "y", it for some reason made the letters "g" and "v" pop up, and instead of "y" being typed in, "v" appeared instead.
  7. redsteel

redsteel Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    maybe you fingers are very static charged

try letting someone else use and see how it works, but this crazy idea may just not work, or it may be crazy enough to work.

8. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    My brothers had the same problem, after I let them try it. For some reason, it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, when I click certain buttons, like "y", it won't respond. So I usually restart my iPod Touch and would have to tilt it on the side to type. This never happened before until I tried updating my applications in the Orlando Airport. And my iPod Touch is quite new.
    Help me!

It stopped scrolling crazily when I updated my iPod Touch Firmware to 2.0.1, but sometimes it stills does it when I adjust the Settings. But now, some of my keys on the keyboard don't work when I touch it. The letters, numbers and symbols that aren't working are: y h v b 6 ) ? Those are not working on my iPod Touch.