iPod Touch Major Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by everose-gold, Jun 9, 2009.

1. everose-gold

everose-gold New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a major problem with my iPod touch as of two nights ago. I was doing the usual on it and everything was working fine until I set my alarm and pressed the 'off' button (the top screen button) once. Somehow (I don't know how) when I tried to turn it on again, the screen would not show up. It was (and still is) complete blank/black. I tried pressing the 'off' button for a prolonged period to see if it would shut off completely but nothing happened. I tried pressing the menu button and the 'off' button together and nothing happened. I am completely lost as to what the problem actually is because the alarm sounded at 7 am sharp the next morning. It only sounded though, no image was present on the screen (still completely blank). This all happened whilst I was away on a trip so as soon as I got home (which is now) I plugged in my charger to see if anything would show up on the screen. Nothing has, but the iPod is synching and charging. If any of you are familiar with or have a clue of what the issue is here, PLEASE let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try holding home and power for 10 seconds to force reboot it.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You tried a reset, right? If so I would restore it in iTunes
  4. everose-gold

everose-gold New Member

Okay... now what I termed as a major problem does not seem so major. I swear I tried pressing both power & off buttons before and it did not work! My biggest concern is, why did this happen? And how can I prevent it from happening again?

Thank you, by the way. I feel extremely relieved.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. duckbin

duckbin New Member

This happened to my iPhone once for an unknown reason, if it doesn't happen again, it should be anything to worry about.
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Same problem occurred to my touch several times, once was due to Facebook and the other was when I did not shut down Shopper properly... Fortunately, I did the reset thingy (hold the Power Off and Home buttons for 10 seconds to reboot) and the iPod was fine again...

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Happened to me once, just restore, the iTunes will recognize it.
  8. noced

noced New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That has happened to me before too =) when something happens to your device, remember to keep a clear head and don't panic, there's always a solution. I know it's instinct to panic when something so precious and expensive doesn't work all of a sudden, but there's really few problems a hard reboot wouldn't fix =) Restore isn't necessary in most cases.
  9. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Hi is it jailbroken ?? If its not bring it back to apple as the exact same thing happend to my 2g touch and they replaced it saying that it was the screen had blanked out or somthing !! They also said this could be due to jailbraken your ipod !!
  10. Mew2012

Mew2012 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Awesome!!!