Ipod touch loses touch functionality after 10 seconds

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BaconMunch, Nov 2, 2007.

1. BaconMunch

BaconMunch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ran a search and nothing came up.

Basically anytime I enter an app, I get 10 seconds of touch response until the screen doesn't register any input. As soon as I run a cycle of Sleep/Wake, the sensitivity comes back for another 10 seconds or so.

Is there any touch calibration tool on the iPod Touch itself?
  2. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Did you Jailbreak it? I jailbreaked mine using that Tiff method (I think its called that), the one click link thing through your touch and my WiFi stopped working. First it worked then slowly started getting worse and worse to the point where I could see networks but not connect to them but my laptop could see the same ones and connect. I restored my iPod now WiFi is great and I'm not even thinking about touching a Jailbreak again. Until they sort out the issues.

Try restoring your iPod, see how it works.
  3. BaconMunch

BaconMunch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes my iPod touch is jailbroken.

Playing around with the iPod leads to some further clues, when I disable SSh and Wifi, it has no problem and navigates fine, enabling one or both leads to a gradual loss of touch function. I wonder if this is common with others.
  4. MossOnARoc

MossOnARoc New Member

Same here

I've been having the same problem. Mine just freezes up, but eventually comes back to life (sometimes back to the Apple Screen.) I've also found that turning off the WiFi helps....

Frustrating

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. MossOnARoc

MossOnARoc New Member

Found a tip

I found a Tip in another thread with similar problems.

They said to turn off "Dim Wallpaper"

I had my wallpaper "Dim" so let's see it this does the trick...

Hope this helps!
  6. Kyle Maurer

Kyle Maurer New Member

Yeah, I did knotice that the WiFi got worse with mine, It may just interfere with the certian changes it makes to the OS, causing that bug, hopefully when you restore it itl be fine,
  7. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Then it's clearly the jailbreak thats messing with your software. Since like you said the touch function comes back when you turn off certain features, that's a software gig not hardware, since you now know the touch function actually does work fine. I suggest trying to restore, then try using it normally see how it goes. If it's better, then don't jailbreak it or find another method to do so. I am not jailbreaking mine again until I find a better way to do it without bugs like my wifi bug.