Ipod Touch Locked, passcode incorrect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Namiashi, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Namiashi

Namiashi New Member

I just changed my passcode tonight on my Ipod Touch because my friend figured it out. However, I went to change it to 7155 (code for meatloaf at my deli) and It came out wrong. I kept trying, also trying the old code and it did not work. I can not restore my Ipod because I just reformatted this computer to windows 7. I need the information on my ipod touch so I will not reset it no matter what. I am creating a list at the moment of possible codes, like 7115, 4155, etc. But I can only try once an hour. I have contacted Apple and am setting up a time to call when available.

Is there anyway to reset the passcode or delete it? I am using the firmware just below 2.21 I believe. 2ndgen Ipodtouch.

You can reply here if you want or send me PM's, or email at baillargi@gmail.com

just tried the passcode again and instead of waiting 60 minutes it says "connect to Itunes"
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Can't you still DFU restore?
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I call shenanigans.
  4. Namiashi

Namiashi New Member

I can restore it, no doubt. But I need the information on my Ipod, for example, all my Music, my videos, my pictures, my apps, my Balance book, and my settings.

I need a way to unlock it without restoring. a way to disable the lock if you may.

And you will be wrong then.
  5. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm this is quite the pickle. maybe if you connect to the computer it will automatically connect with itunes. because usually when my itouch is locked it connects anyway. and if its connected use a program like senuti to take all your music OFF the ipod touch, then get the videos. now for the other info such as apps, if it does infact connect to itunes i believe itunes will automatically copy your apps to its library if your ipod is set to auto sync apps.
  6. IPT2GISEPICWIN

IPT2GISEPICWIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    See if sharepod works and backup your music, or try sshing into it and backing up whatever you need or find the directory for the passcode and delete it?
  7. Namiashi

Namiashi New Member

I can not connect to Itunes without unlocking the Ipod itself. I can not go into the directory when I connect it to my computer, all I get is Apple, then DCIM, then 999APPLE or 100APPLE.

I will be calling Apple around 11am to see if they can help me and I'll update this post with their answers, hopefully I dont have to take it to the Apple Store 80 miles away.

I will try to find a program to back up the music. I was just really hoping to keep my Balance application that has kept my past 6 months of expensives and my iMafia lvl 75 ha
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i have the same problems
  9. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ssh is really your only hope, or theres a linux tool that can browse, but its still limited, better get on that code

Please Register or Log in to view images

apple probably wont help, theyll deem it as stolen
  10. JohnCena83

JohnCena83 New Member

If you afresh access the amiss passcode, iPhone or iPod blow will be disabled for best intervals, afore you can try again. Afterwards too abounding bootless attempts, you won't be able to try afresh until you affix to the computer you commonly accompany with.

Note that starting with iPhone 2.1 software, there is a ambience to account the accessory to abolish itself afterwards 10 afterwards incorrect countersign attempts. This ambience is off by default. It can be angry on by borer Settings > General > Passcode Lock afterwards you access a actual passcode.

If you cannot bethink the passcode, you will charge to restore your accessory on the computer that was acclimated to originally accompany the iPhone or iPod blow so that you can displace your passcode and resync the abstracts from the accessory (or restore from a backup).

If you restore on a altered computer that was never synced to the iPhone or iPod touch, you will be able to alleviate the accessory for use and abolish the passcode but your abstracts will not be present.

Here beneath is a simple adjustment how to displace your iPhone (note that's it's not the aforementioned affair as Restoring to its branch settings area all abstracts on your is cleared), accede it as if you were restarting your iPhone from fresh.

Press and authority bottomward the Sleep/Wake button and Home button accompanying for a atomic 10 abnormal the awning will bright out and again the Apple Logo will arise on the atramentous background. When the logo appears it agency that displace is done.

On the Windows side, the iPhone mounts as a camera, so you may be able to download photos from your bound phone. If you’d like to “explore” your iPhone, iPhoneExplorer (Windows) and DiskAid (Mac) will work. Try FileSalvage app.