iPod touch lock mod...might be easy, or not

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by drewhiggins, Nov 4, 2008.

1. drewhiggins

drewhiggins New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    G'day, name's Drew from Australia and looking for a bit of help from someone who knows!

On the iPod touch, the bit on the lock screen where you can see black (at the top), is there any way to colour that in, or get it to reflect or something where the clock is? Or possibly even disable album art when locked? I'm not sure how to explain it but it looks kind of strange.

I've posted my Springboard too, just so you can see what it looks like. I'm stuck on 1.1.4 still with the wonderfully buggy Installer, try not to laugh. I know it's kinda old! See below for what I mean. I got my slide to unlock transparency done, but that's the next part I need help with. I've searched everywhere and used the Similar Threads function as well as this search. Nothing!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

If someone has the files needed or can help me to WinSCP wherever it happens to be, I'll give you a thanks.

I'll try my best to stay around and help with what I can from my basic knowledge, though you guys probably know truckloads more than I ever could. All help is really appreciated!!
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Most anything is possible on 2.x and with WinterBoard/various MS plugins. There is no reason not to upgrade at this point.
  3. drewhiggins

drewhiggins New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So if I went to 2.0.2, would I be able to have all my custom stuff still? Just back it all up and then put it all back on in the respective places?

Also, when I did try going to 2.0.2, I used WinPwn and then iTunes could not detect the iPod was there, but I heard QuickPwn works; is that true? But for now, how would you do that top bar, just to see if I actually like it - like making the top half of it the same as the bottom half?
  4. SkylarEC

2.1 is the current firmware, don't waste time on 2.0.x. Also, both Customize and SpringBoard are obsolete, as they have been replaced by the considerably more powerful WinterBoard.
  5. Naveen

Naveen Banned

go to 2.1 n use quickpwn there are many tuts on how to do it use the search bar but u must upgrade
  6. drewhiggins

drewhiggins New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, this will sound absolutely stupid. I download 2.1 firmware, restore as normal via iTunes (which version?), then open up QuickPwn and go from there? Is that the way?

I did it last time and had a hell of a time with it.
  7. SkylarEC

1. Upgrade to the newest iTunes
    2. Use iTunes to upgrade to 2.1. No restore required.
    3. Use QuickPwn and follow the instructions it presents.
  8. drewhiggins

drewhiggins New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Too easy. Alright, I'll get it downloaded as soon as possible and go from there.

Edit: I downloaded 2.1, and no more Installer! Yay! PwnPlayer rocks (if it would work)!
  9. drewhiggins

drewhiggins New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, now that I've updated, how would you colour that top lock bar in? I don't want it completely transparent - it looks weird on some of the albums I have, but just so it either reflects or it is coloured so you don't have this ugly cut-off.

It'd be nice if some albums stretched that large!
  10. arpandholi

arpandholi Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    woah so if i update to 2.1 is der way that i dnt lose my music?? n i dnt wanna pay lolzz...