iPod Touch Line In?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LukeF09, Aug 8, 2010.

1. LukeF09

LukeF09 New Member

I recently got a new car that has a BASIC sterio (no cd or tape player) and i was wondering if it was possible to connect a portable cd player to my ipod touch 3G through the two 3.5mm head phone jacks, having audio come from the cd player and into the Touch and have my griffin fm transmitter transmit the audio to my radio.

I did a forum search, searched google and had no luck. any ideas?
  2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Let me get this straight. You want to play music from your cd by connecting it to your ipod then connecting it to a transmitter? or do you mean you want to play your ipod music on the stereo?
  3. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

I don't think so. Why don't you just rip the cd to your touch?
  4. LukeF09

LukeF09 New Member

@Jack Bauer
    i want to play music from mycd by connecting it to my ipod then connecting it to a transmitter. if at all possible.

i would rip my cds but i wasn't exactly smart when i purchased my ipod and only got the 8gb model, and i probably have over 200 cds.
  5. Runforest

Runforest New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you don't have enough room for your other CD's i think their may be a way to make your .mp3 files smaller by converting it thru iTunes. I am not exactly sure if iTunes does that or even if it is possible.

Hopefully someone can tell you how to do it if it is possible.

Otherwise pick and choose what music you want to listen most then put it on your ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. PackersEaglesRock

PackersEaglesRock Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    There is a jailbreak app called iPod Out open up that application connect to your stereo and then it brings up an iPod interface on your stereo system
  7. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried this before with my ipods. I don't know if it will work anymore, but get a three headphone jack splitter from RadioShack, plug it into the touch, plug an audio cable that has dual plugs on both ends from the cd player into the splitter, and then the transmitter input from the splitter. That worked for me, but I don't know if it still will work due to IOS changes.
  8. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yo, dawg. We put an FM transmitter in your iPod touch for your CD player so now you can listen to the Radio while you listen to your CD player through your iPod touch.