iPod touch Library gone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by parokyano, Sep 1, 2008.

1. parokyano

parokyano New Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.4, haven't updated to 2.x, the reason being that MobileScrobbler and even scrobbling is not yet allowed in the App Store. I turned on my iPod this morning and was surprised to see that all my music and videos are gone. The music and video apps just say:

"No Music/Videos. You can download music/videos from iTunes."

And when I connect the iPod to iTunes I get an error that says:
    "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod "iPod's name". Go to the summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings."

Now I know that my media files are still in the iPod since according to Settings>General>About, my available space is only 520MB, exactly the same before I had this problem. Is there anyway of fixing this without having to restore the iPod? My laptop just crashed and as of the moment the only traces of my media library left is in the iPod. If this can't be fixed without restoring, is it possible to SSH some of the videos from the Touch? If so where can I find them in the folder directory?
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i had this happen when i used islsk, however its spelled the limewire type thing for ipot and iphone, do you use that? and also im sorry to say i had to restore =S