iPod Touch Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Drewza1243, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Jul 27, 2009

Once again I am here, posting my problems on this site because I can't find a solution on Google.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, my iPod for a while has been playing up. Whenever I have the keyboard in portrait mode the 'W' and the '2' keys don't work. On the keyboard they are in the same spot and if I use another language that spot doesn't work. It's usually OK because I can go into landscape and everything works fine but there are some things that only run in portrait mode which is really pissing me off. I am an 8GB MB iPod Touch 2G. It started when I was on OS 3.1 and jailbroken (I had been jailbroken for a while) and I figured it would disappear once I restored it so when the iOS 4 came out I restored it and I think it fixed itself but it's back and really getting to me.

I don't want to restore until iOS 4.2 or later just to save the effort of getting everything back the way I like it so a solution that doesn't require restoring would be great!

Also, post if you have had this problem, I don't know if it is just me or if this is occurring in other peoples iDevices.

Thanks in advance,