Ipod Touch keeps restarts itself after installing Pseudo Substrate ?!??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iam2fast4u2catch, Feb 3, 2009.

1. iam2fast4u2catch

iam2fast4u2catch New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi There.

First greetings from Switzerland..

I Stuck at the same situation ... My Ipod 1 Gen 32GB reboot and reboot and reboot... no Home Screen wont come up..

Heres the last thing i do before it crashed to "Dead"...

Installing in Cydia Updates ... then go to Home Screen start installer install the new installer (Update).. and (maybe the fatal one i do): Replacing MobileSubstrate with a "Pseudo Substrate version" i Found in installer..

Go back to Home screen want start cydia again. but only highlight the icon and then go back to home screen, same appears to every app i try to start..

I found this Howto to temporarly desable watchdog to give springboard enought time to rebuild the installed app cache:

http://blog.zydev.info/2008/08/30/fix-for-the-never-ending-apple-logo-during-iphone-boot-problem/

I just try this workout at this time.. in the crash log it will show as a WDT Timeout that is the Watchdog Timeout...

So workaround is done but it still restarts after a timeout window..

i temporarly disabled Watchdog and im deleted the APP Cache file to force Springboard rebuild it. but it still starts over and over.. im totaly weird now...

i really dont know what i have to do now ..

Does anyone have a idea how i can replace the Orginal Mobile Substrate back and remove the "Pseudo Substrate" ??

On the info it says "A faster and cleaner implementation of mobile substrate API using mobile enhancer. It also says its made by saurik.

i can get FULL SSH acces to my Ipod Touch in this timeframe over Via Iphonebrowser via USB. does anyone have a idead i can provide all information you needed as crash log's or so..

Kind regards From Switzerland. Marco.

Last Update: when i try to start Springboard via SSH i get this Error:

but i found them in a different Folder /private/var/mobile/tweak_backup so i put them back to the folder above (/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework) but the file UIkit is 4'662'240 in size is them the right one ?

it's still restarts over and over but i dont have anyomre Kernel Panic's in log...

Anyone have a idea... ?
    Greets from Switzerland..

P.S MSN: Irresistible_1972@hotmail.com
  2. andysherman

andysherman Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    and you dont just want to restore???
  3. iam2fast4u2catch

Thx but when i m restore it i loose all Jailbroken apps and MX-Tube videos, ok i can save then over SSH or USB (iPhone browser) but i only have a time Frame and its don really usefull for saving file...

4. iam2fast4u2catch

Update

Last Update: when i try to start Springboard via SSH i get this Error:

but i found them in a different Folder /private/var/mobile/tweak_backup so i put them back to the folder above (/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework) but the file UIkit is 4'662'240 in size is them the right one ?

it's still restarts over and over but i dont have anyomre Kernel Panic's in log...

Anyone have a idea... ?
    Greets from Switzerland..
  5. Bwopp

Bwopp Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Mine is 40,651 kb (41,627,431 B)

I would restore if I was you
  6. iam2fast4u2catch

Thx for all Tipp's but i Just Upgraded to 2.2.1 and jealbreaked after i saved all i think i must save.. (near the whole ipod touch) :big grin: over ssh.

u Just started a new thread about a question of Categories and manually add .app

Thread can be closed..