iPod Touch keep rebooting as soon as I connect it through USB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boom5, Feb 25, 2009.

1. boom5

boom5 New Member

I have a 2nd G with 2.2.1 32GB. the problem started just today, as soon as I connect it via USB the iPod reboot itself and display the apple logo, then it goes in a loop (the same as everybody describes). I already went through the reset process more then once.Plus I got a new USB connector interface and a new wall charger to eliminate the possibility of defective cable. The main question is: is it a port issue? firmware issue? And if it's the a bin issue, how could I connect my iTouch to upgrade it if there's a new firmware?
    Possible port interface issue?
    Now I can't charge it, but I browse around w/out any issues
    I went through the 5sec power - 10sec home+power and 10-30sec home rule, I even restarted the apple services in my PC. I never jailbreak it, so there' no way to re-jailbreak it.
    And btw, I already tried to restore it manually, I can't do it through iTunes, because as soon as I plug any cable interface ( USB or Wall charger) it does turn off and start a reboot loop, not passing the apple logo.
    I tried to connect it through different PC and OS, I even restarted apple services through the event managers, no good.

After reading http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62950 by Winterboard, I reset all settings and data ( thankfully I still had some juice in it).
    Finally, my iTouch is doing the loop when connecting to any interface (USB or W-charger) - white screen - apple logo - connecting to iTunes, then white screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. boom5

boom5 New Member

Thank you for the reply -
    I tried all the threads you mentioned, I actually did your threads these steps before posting my questions. the issue is more connectors/interface. if I could connect my itouch to the PC and recognize it, that would be easy to deal with.
    But now each time I connect it a wall charger or a USB plug, the itouch goes in a loop.
    I tried a MAC book connection - same thing.

Any other ideas? Thank you in advance.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey guys thank you for your help, Special Thanks to - ipodtouchesrule-
    I went to the apple store, issues was a short circuit cause by my PC (and you could see the blackish toasting color on the connectors under the magnifier) - I was told that it's could be caused by the fact that I never clicked Eject this device before unplugging the iTouch for several times in the row, or even unplug it so quickly. That's why as soon as I plug it in anything into it it would reboot in loop -
    Anyway I still had it under 1 year manufacture Wrnty. So they replace it with another refurb one.

So please Do Click Eject the device before unplugging your iTouch. If you are doing it already, good job, you will never run throu a hardware issue. If you do not, After 10000 times, there's a chance that you will toast your device.

thank you again.

Please close this thread as the issue has been "resolved" and my Question was answered -