iPod Touch January Software upgrade help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by xxfftlxx, Jan 17, 2008.

1. xxfftlxx

xxfftlxx New Member

I just spend the 40 min downloading and installing firmware 1.1.3, so i could purchase the new software upgrade. After i was done installing the new firmware, i went into itunes(7.6) and clicked on the link to get the new software update. The first time, there was a button that said "Purchase Upgrade(or something similar)". I clicked on it, signed it, and excepted the Terms Of service and all that. It brought me to a screen that read something like "thanks for excepting the terms, please try again". so i did, and a different page came up telling me it was done downloading. The new software is not on my ipod!!! it didnt charge my paypal account, so i must not have actually downloaded it. Every time i go to the page to buy the software upgrade, it says in red "Sync Your iPod Touch and click check for update to get up-to-date before purchasing the january software upgrade". EVERYTHING IS UP TO DATE. WHAT DO I DO. I cant even get to apples support page! Please help
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok sorry for not really helping you but question.

Why would you do that? when you can easily jailbreak it? want me to tell you how? well first you would need to Downgrade to 1.1.1. but let me know!!
  3. xxfftlxx

xxfftlxx New Member

It was already jailbroken in 1.1.1 and then in 1.1.2. The only apps i really ever used were the iphone apps. I like the new little features of the software upgrade. AND, the maps has the gps location thing, i wanted to try it out T^T today when i go to san fran
  4. jnauel

jnauel New Member

I too had the same problem. Just had to agree to the new terms and after 3 retries it confirmed the purchase through my credit card, then downloaded a very small file which was used to activate the apps. it seems to me that the apps are already on the 1.1.3 update.