iPod Touch Jailbreakme.com question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by TSOnTheDrums8892, Nov 10, 2007.

1. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry for yet another thread started that involves a question about jailbreaking, however I believe I have a unique question that I really need some help with. So, I will start of with some background information first...

My friend has an iPhone and I have an iPod touch. We both made pacts that we would jailbreak both of our devices tomorrow. His main reason is to get Tap Tap Revolution and mine is to get the iPhone apps. On to my question...

On behalf of my friend i'm wondering if he can use www.jailbreakme.com without restoring his iPhone first? I know restoring isn't necessary if you use the www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb method but i'm not sure about jailbreak me. For my iPod touch i planned on using the slovix method, however I am unsure if that method can be used for the iPhone.

Another question, after my friend jailbreaks will his phone still be perfectly activated with AT&T and everything?

Thank you very very much in advance. I know these inquiries are not entirely about the iPod touch but I would appreciate any help that anyone can give in answering these questions.

I am looking forward to Jailbreaking my Touch for the first time ever (even though i've had it since 9-22 and my friend has had his since 8-21)
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    BUMP....

Please anyone.... Any Help is very much appreciated. Heck, whoever gives me the most relevant information I will give them a ticketmaster code for 5 free songs on iTunes**

**If that promo is still going on, of course.
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

You should be fine, the only reason you would have to restore your friends iPhone would be if you messed up during the jailbreaking process, that is kind of hard to do with the automatic jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok thank you very much. will the slovix method work on both my touch and his iphone or should i stick with jailbreakme for the iphone and slovix for touch???

You're always a big help a######c (really cant remember what those numbers are)
  5. AlexRADL

Both websites accomplish the same task so, it does not matter which method you use for either devices.

No problem, you can just call me ac

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok cool, sorry for all the questions but i dont want to screw up his iphone and have him be all pissed and stuff so...

1.) Will the phone still be activated and ready to use and everything.

2.) I heard something about after jailbreaking, only having 300mb of space for all of your data. Do these auto jailbreaks take care of this problem?

P.S.- I'm not nearly as worried about my touch because i've read all of the jailbreaking info up and down, but i heard some stuff was dif for iphones so i'm just being cautious.

Thanks once again for your help... I'm trying to get your code right now...
  7. sizzle71

sizzle71 New Member

Both of you can use the slovix method without restoring and AT&T activation will still be on there.
  8. AlexRADL

1) Yes, if everything is done right he will still have an activated iPhone

2) This is part of the process, and yes, finishing the jailbreak fixes this "problem"

Again, no problem.

That is ok, I don't need the codes, thanks anyway.
  9. sizzle71

sizzle71 New Member

1 yes
    2yes

ill take a code
  10. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry... I seriously just tried it... I made an e-mail account and facebook account just to find out that it is over. I would have given it to u since ac doesnt want it but its all over.