Ipod touch Jailbreaking will software update be a problem??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by oscarstrong, Oct 17, 2007.

1. oscarstrong

oscarstrong New Member

I get Ipod touch in less than a week. I'm from London but i'm currently travelling america so obviously i'm going to buy one here. I really wanted an Iphone but all this at&t stuff means it's no good to me when i get home, now i'm going to get ipod touch purely because of "jailbreaking" so i can use mail maps etc etc BUT i am thinking if i jailbreak the itouch and all is fine what will happen when the first software update comes out for the itouch will Mr Jobs jump out of my bedroom closet and say "HA TAKE THAT HACKER" and my ipod touch be "bricked" or whatever. Does anyone know if future software updates will cause problems for these "jailbreaked" ipod's? (just like the iphone's)

Thanks Oscar;
  2. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

most likely they will put a patch inside the update to stop people doing it... but there will be people trying to find exploits as soon as they do... If I were you, I would not buy an iPod touch for the iPhone apps until Febuary - when 3rd party apps are unlocked by apple.

The price may have gone down by then too. But you could still get it now, and just restore if you have a problem, use it as an iPod until febuary.