Ipod touch jailbreak won't work with blackra1n!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shaunv, Dec 26, 2009.

1. shaunv

shaunv New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just got my new ipod touch and i think it is 3g. i really want to jailbreak it so i used blackra1n. but when i click on "make it ra1n", the apple logo shows up on my ipod but then the screen just goes blank(black), but is still lit up. i have tried this numerous times but nothing will work. can somebody help me with my problem or maybe suggest a better way to jailbreak?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    put it in DFU mode and restore. Then rejailbreak it using blackra1n. Also it is a tethered jailbreak so everytime you reboot u gota reapply blackra1n.
  3. ghostdude17

ghostdude17 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Enter your ipod into DFU mode

Enter it into DFU mode by turning off the ipod holding in the home button then turning it on while still holding it in you should see the message to connect it into itunes then connect it click "make it rain" then it should jailbreak if it fails contact GEOhotz "george hots" on the Blackra1n Website
  4. Nyte

Nyte New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had the same exact problem..
    I just used a different computer and it fixed the problem.
    x]
  5. kelfo

kelfo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you have only to jailbreak it twice and than every time you turn it on....maybe you have to install the 3.1.2 firmware through itunes.. try this way, it works with me.... but I have a question that maybe you can answer: I have jailbeaked my Ituoch 3G but I've not yet understood what jailbreak is useful for.
  6. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ah my friend, Jailbreaking lets you do a lot of different things Apple doesn't like. For example, there is an app called backgrounder, that lets you keep different apps opened at the same time. Themes have become very popular on the ipod touch, along with emulators, such as for the gameboy, and also N64 but the N64 only works for the ipod touch 3g, and the iphone 3gs.