iPod touch Jailbreak progress

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by LeaverX, Sep 30, 2007.

1. LeaverX

LeaverX New Member

As of last, we know that martyn tried to dump the data from the chips inside the iPoT onto the computer and then the web and apple has thrawted the attempt. What are Erica and Martyn trying to do right now? There doesn't seem to be any progress actually made

Update: And judging by the amounts of updates Erica is putting up on TUAW, she seems to be focusing all her attention to the iphone...
  2. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

which may not be that bad, as it possibly could help the iPot being hacked as well.
  3. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I took his word for it.
  4. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

Has anyone thought to try to hack the firmware file itself?? I'm wondering if you could hack that and add the apps that way. So then when you do a restore, iTunes writes those files onto the iPod. I'd think that something with the Apple Developer software would be able to get into that firmware package...
  5. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

I don't care how its done, I just hope it gets done

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Urbz

Urbz New Member

That file is encrypted, and currently, decrypting it is the objective for both the iPhone and the iPod touch. Not to mention that the iPhone dev team is also working with the iPod touch. And the reason the iPod touch hadn't been cracked before the 1.1.1 update was because it was on its own firmware which was the predecessor to 1.1.1. That means that it was also encrypted.
    If we look at the whole picture though, hacking both should be very similar in theory and practise. However, I've seen some reports that the iPod touch is read differently by iTunes than is the iPhone.

Stay tuned.
  7. lolmaster

lolmaster New Member

iHACK
    youHACK
    we all want it

IHACKED
  8. milkman2099

milkman2099 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well now there is a way to downgrade your iphone from 1.1.1 back down to 1.0.2 so does that mean that they wont bother trying to hack 1.1.1 anymore?
  9. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    considering that every ipod touch that was ordered from apple comes with 1.1.1 preinstaled, they BETTER bring out something for 1.1.1 unless they want to make us a downgrader as well.
  10. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats true but there have been some reports that itunes has read iPots as iPhones.