ipod touch jailbreak problem!! help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by a3lkx, Nov 18, 2008.

1. a3lkx

a3lkx New Member

hi guys 1st id like to oppoligise incase this question has been answered before! and 2nd id like to oppoligise if this thread is in the wrong place as i am new to this forum and i am still finding my way around

ok some background info am 25 and recently just got myself a ipod touch 16gig for when i am at the gym. but having stumbled across this site i realised how much more you can actualy do with an ipod touch! so naturaly i wanted in on the fun! so with a bit of reading and research i found a thread about ziphone it sounded so easy to use! so any way i downloaded the file installed it and clicked jailbreak all the writing came up as expected but then just kept getting a repeat of the bsd major 2 minor 0 message so i did what is said to do in another thread on here by going in to the advanced options menu and clicking the normal tab, so my ipod was back to normal, i tried and tried again to jailbreak the ipod and the same problem kept happening. i can't get jail broken! booooooo! could any one please help me. bearing in mind i am hopless with computers and all the technical words. one of the major reasons i decided to jail break my ipod is because of the volume! it is way way to low and believe i can change this when its jail broken, is this the case?

ipod is 3 weeks old and is version 1.1.2 but is updating via itunes to 1.1.5 as we speak.

thanks in advance guys
    lee
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I would stay as far away from ziphone as i could. Use iLiberty+. It's much more stable and just as easy to use. search for a guide and DO NOT use ziphone again its junk. But i recommend updating to 2.1. Oh and yes i think there is something in installer/cydia that will boost the volume
  3. a3lkx

a3lkx New Member

thanks mike! any ideas were to get liberty from? is it realy as easy as ziphone? also how do i upgrade to 2.1? i just pluged it in and it said new version 1.1.5?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok am lost now can any 1 help me please
  4. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I suggest that you download the 2.1 firmware and use QUICKPWN to jailbreak the 2.1 firmware.

Look around for the 2.1 firmware - it is easy to find if you use google.

To upgrade to 2.1 Firmware open iTunes 8.0+ Hold the SHIFT key and hit the Upgrade/Restore button. Find the file you downloaded, and iTunes will start upgrading your iPod Touch.

Read the forum here for info on how to use QUICKPWN to jailbreak your iPod Touch
  5. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, not sure that link is allowed, mate. Read This
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok sorry - post edited. Please edit your quote to remove the link I posted.
  8. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Fixed.
  9. a3lkx

a3lkx New Member

am sorry if i got you in to trouble! i didnt mean to. i have downloaded quickpwn and the 2.0 firmware (couldnt find the 2.1) so i opened up itunes held shift and selected 2.0 and then clicked upgrade and it failed to a unkown error 1606? ipod was in recovery mode so i used ziphone to reinstate it back to normal and the version showing is still 1.1.2?? i thought this was ment to be easy haha am so confused and lost right now, can anyone help me please? i have tried down grading to 1.1.1 and it does the same thing? i am using itunes 8 and i have tried all the above in itunes 7.7.do i need to upgrade the firm ware to 2.0 before i can use quickpwn to jail break it? if so am buggered because i cnt seem to upgrade or degrade the firmware?
  10. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Was the error: "Error 1606: Could Not Access Network Location" ??

if so - it is a registry problem. If it is, then it will require some tweaking of the registry.

read this

after you fix that, try updating in itunes again.

2.1 firmware is really the way to go