iPod Touch Jailbreak demage

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Schrubbi, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Schrubbi

Schrubbi New Member

Hey guys,

i've got an iPod Touch 2nd gen. 16gig withe the new 3.0 software. I'm using a pc with windows vista. I've jailbroken my iPod yesterday with redsn0w 0.7.2 and installed cydia and icy. So after I jailbreaked it, I installed some programms from icy which partly didn't work. So I deinstalled those who didn't work. During the deinstallation of one of the programms the screen suddenly turned white and after a short time the Homescreen appeared. After this I couldn't start any programm, neither appleprograms like stocks or music, nor jailbreakprogramms like cydia or icy. So I turned my iPod of, by swiping the Powerslider, and startet it again. But when the apple icon appeared nothing happend for hours. I tried to start the iPod over and over again but it always stopped booting when the apple icon appeared. I tried to restore my iPod but neither Windows, nor iTunes is able to detect the iPod. So i tried to set it into DFU- and Recovery- Mode but without any succes. I tried also to reset the NVRAM but didn't find any function for doing this in redsn0w 0.7.2 or any other version of redsn0w 0.7.x.

Does anyone of you know my problem or got a solution for it? I'm pleased for every help. Thanks a lot!!!

(And I'm sorry for language mistakes, english is not my motherlanguage (I'm german))
  2. nismorules

nismorules New Member

do you get an error wile restoring
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

umm... find some way to restore it and never ever use Icy ever again
  4. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    In 3.0, you have to do DFU differently I think...There's surely a guide somewhere. Then just plug it into iTunes and off you are!
  5. Schrubbi

Schrubbi New Member

First of all: Thanks for your help!!!!

@nismorules:
    I'm not able to start restoring the ipod because itunes cannot detect the ipod!

@Swift:
    I gonna search for a dfu tutorial and hope thats the solution!
    If I find a way to get rid of this problem I gonna post here!
  6. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its just 10 secs home+power and 7 secounds home
  7. gadget69

gadget69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had the same issue. I had to try and put it into dfu multiple times before windows and itunes recognized it.
  8. WSWai

WSWai New Member

Try to unplug ur iPod from USB cable, open the iTunes, switch off ur iPod.
    Hold home button then plug the USB cable, see is it can go into the restore mode.

I tried this with iPhone last time, it cannot been detect by iTunes at all, but using this it work for restore.

Hope it's work for u, good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  10. Schrubbi

Schrubbi New Member

Thanks a lot for your replies!!

So finally it worked! I've unplugged my iPod from the USB cable and opened iTunes how WSWai said and set it into DFU mode then. iTunes detected the iPod in DFU mode and i could restore it! Thanks a lot to all of you!!