ipod touch jailbrake attempt and screen stays black

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seannorek, Apr 22, 2010.

1. seannorek

seannorek New Member

Hi, I got a 1st gen ipod touch off someone who tried to jailbreak using winpwn and the ipod stopped working. I try to restore in itunes and I get the 1604 error. I have tried to put in DFU mode and believe it's in it however itunes recognizes and says the ipod is in recovery mode. when I try restore the screen will turn white for a bit then go dark. then i get the error. Any help is appreciated. I've already read through a number of threads and can't get anything to work.

EDIT: I have tried all USB ports and 2 different computers
  2. paintball25x

paintball25x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What firmware was he on? If you know I may be able to help
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If it is in DFU iTunes will say that it's in Restore mode, but it's not. So that's ok. Also, what kind of iPod is it and what FW version is it? You might be able to use redsn0w to get out of it.
    If redsn0w doesn't work, try iRecovery. That might work.
  4. seannorek

seannorek New Member

Sorry I just edited the op, it's a 1st gen ipod touch. I don't know what firmware it is; i just shot the guy an email hopefully he'll know. He tried redsn0w already but I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: the guy didn't know what firmware the touch was on.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Tried redsn0w but couldn't use it since i don't know what firmware it's on. I'm on a pc not mac so I don't know how to use iRecovery.
  5. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just upgrade to 3.1.3, then you will know what it is on and you can jailbreak it using redsnow.
  6. seannorek

seannorek New Member

I have been trying to restore to 3.1.3. That's when I get the 1604 error.

anyway I tried restoring to 1.1.1 and that didn't work. Then I went to itunes to redownload 3.1.3 again to be sure that's what's my current firmware was. I hit restore again and now the apple symbol came up.

Still got the 1604 error and the apple symbol is stuck on the screen. Held down the power button and now screen is back to being black.
  7. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm, try all the usb ports on your computer, try a different cable, and if that doesn't help try a different computer. Idk what 1604 error is, maybe someone else has a better idea???
  8. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try completely uninstalling iTunes and all other Apple software, then update to the newest version of iTunes available from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ (or the local site for your country).

After that, try restoring unig a different USB port, or even a different PC if possible.
  9. seannorek

seannorek New Member

I've tried 2 different pcs and all usb ports and 2 cables. I am running latest version of itunes (just downloaded last week). I'll uninstall and retry itunes and report back.
  10. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Use f0recast and post the picture here