ipod touch + itunes problem. windows XP

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by himynameisnathan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. himynameisnathan

himynameisnathan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi All

basically, last saturday i got back from a history trip to berlin, and went straight to my pc to get the new ipod touch/itunes updates, so i hastily went to the itunes website and downloaded 7.7, however, when i plugged my ipod touch (1.1.4) it didnt appear in the devices tad, but itunes freezes for a few seconds, before saying
    "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later" in an error box, and when i click the "X" button in the corner or the ok button, it will freeze until i disconnect my ipod, and sometimes after i do that it appears in the device tab saying i need to restore it, despite it not being connected. I put it in restore mode, and downloaded the iphone 2.0 firmware,but while installing it says
    "an unknown error has occured (5)"

Thats just the tip of the iceberg, whenever i load itunes, regardless of whether the ipod is connected, a procces called "applemobiledevicehelper.exe" keeps being created every 10 seconds or so, eventually bogging down my pc because they utilize 100% of it and the only way to fix it is to end the itunes process.

When i tried to install itunes 7.6 it says unable to load itunes library as it was created by a later version, meaning i cant do anything until apple/I manage to update/sort it out.

Sorry about the length of this thread, but i really need help, ive searched around and there seem to be many problems, but none i've found appear to have both at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!