ipod touch isn't recognized by itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raitono, Dec 30, 2007.

1. raitono

raitono New Member

i got an ipod touch for christmas and so did my sister. the first thing i did was download itunes from apple.com. it works fine. when my sister's was plugged in it loaded an we put her music on fine. but then i connected my ipod touch and the computer recognized it but it didn't appear under the Devices tab like my sister's. i waited thinking it was only my computer slowing down again but still nothing happened. on the ipod it gave the picture of the connection cord with and arrow to the itunes logo. i then went to apple.com and looked anround for a solution it gave me a list of theing to try like powering off then on, disconnecting all other usb devices, and changing users. none of that worked. And the cord pointing to itunes is the only thing showing through all of it. can any one help?

and yes it is fully charged.
  2. raitono

raitono New Member

i tried restoring the itouch and itunes then recognized the ipod but itunes says it "cannot be restored because of an unknown error (1604)" when i tried a second time it gave me (2003) instead. then i tried uninstalling and reinstallingitunes and it happened all over again. i need some help with this.