iPod Touch is Very Slow to Respond

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjx, Oct 15, 2007.

1. sjx

sjx New Member

After unlocking my Touch, I used the Installer.app to download the NES emulator and Sudoku. I also installed a couple other things but uninstalled them shortly after. For some reason, when I try to do things on the Touch now it doesn't always respond. Sometimes I have to continually tap a button to get a response. Other times, everything works just fine.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what's the cause?
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

welcome to the forums, I have not had this happen. perhaps you should restore and rea jailbreak your iPoT
  3. its.joesef

its.joesef New Member

may be the nes emulator. Ive heard some people have had some issues with it slowing down their ipods. Maybe clean out the history and cache and cookies for your safari too.
  4. sjx

sjx New Member

Hey, thanks for the welcome! Perhaps it is the emulator... I've already restored the Touch and jailbroken it again (it did this slow down thing the first time as well). I also haven't really used Safari since restoring it, but how do I clean the cache/cookies for the browser?
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

Settings, Safari.

right in there!

I doubt thats the issue, what method did you use to Jailbreak? Mac or PC?
  6. sjx

sjx New Member

I used the automatic jailbreak for the PC. It hasn't been slowing down nearly as much lately, but it still happens and I'm curious as to the cause/solution of the problem.
  7. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't leave the NES emulator running in the background... If you're gonna stop playing for a while, press and hold the home button for 6 seconds to kill the application completely. If you're gonna pause for a bit, back out, save when prompted, and then home button out.

NES emulator (and any other resources intensive application) will cause slowdowns and unstability with your iPod Touch, so it is best to not leave them (or too many apps in general) running in the background.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

My only guess is that perhaps you are multitasking? You say it doesn't happen all the time, so I wonder if you have something running in the background? Is NES running? Do you have music running? Did you install the services app so that you can shut off SSH? I know that when I have "ants" running with a maximum of more than 30 ants, it really slows down and becomes unresponsive. All I can think of.. sorry.
  9. sjx

sjx New Member

Hmm, I think you guys are right. So holding down the home button for 6 seconds kills the app completely? Even music? If that's the case, then I'll definitely be doing that from now on... It probably is that emulator is still running because I assumed that backing out to the ROM list and then hitting the home button stopped the app.

By the way, is there perhaps an app that monitors which programs are running and allows you to kill certain ones? Just a thought.

Thanks for the help so far!
  10. tyman71491

tyman71491 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    problem for me solved

i had a very unresponsive ipod for a couple hours. I download ants onto the ipod cause i looked quite entertaining. Big big mistake. I bogs down the resources and i could barely do anything on the iPod. It took me about three reboots just to get into installer.app without the ipod crashing.

ants.app is a big no no