Ipod touch is the biggest piece of garbage

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by esiebert7625, Aug 28, 2008.

1. esiebert7625

esiebert7625 New Member

I've had this iPod Touch for about 3 weeks, it's been replaced twice, it's running 2.0.2, I've put about 40 apps from the app store on it. This piece of garbage constantly locks up usually after I have synced. A reboot always leaves it at the apple logo with no other option then entering the DFU mode and doing a restore. Apple support is worthless, the so-called genuises didn't even know how to enter DFU mode and just gave me a new one. I've completely wiped it and started over, re-downloaded 2.0.2, re-installed the apps and continue to have the same problem. I can accept an app crashing but a reboot should not render the device useless with the only recourse a complete restore. This piece of crap has more problems then a windows device, at least a reboot fixes windows and doesn't completely hose the device. Is it worth pursuing this problem with Apple support or should I just return this piece of junk and be done with it. This is my first Apple experience in over 20 years and probably my last at this rate.
  2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you do realize this is ipodtouchfans and not ipodtouchtrash fans reside here
  3. jstringham21

jstringham21 Banned

I'm not even going to read that trash.

You are Satan, and you need to go back to hell.
  4. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well since it cant be the ipod, youve replaced that, cant be the firmware, youve replaced that, im afraid your going to have to work out which app it is that is causing your problem. If its not a single app then i think 40 is a bit excessive. Try adding them one by one and see if one of them breaks it. If it does and its that app that does continually then contact apple and report it. I would also try jailbreaking and using boss prefs to change the partition sizes. That may be part of your problem.
  5. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You created a whole new account on an Ipod touch forum site just to rant on about how much you hate what we love. What the f***?
  6. batman27returns

batman27returns Banned

It's you computer that sucks boy.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just get a Zune. Then you'll realize the mistake you made and cut yourself like an Emo boy.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Renegade?
  9. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    What kind of person are you?!?!?! I mean this with no intent of offense, but wow. If you really hate it that much why would you want to even rant about it. Creating an account on this forum just to do that... That's really getting out of your way.

And to reboot your iPod, it can take a while with the 2.0+ update. This is because you have lots more apps to boot up... I've had to wait up to 10 minutes for mine to boot up. Be patient, it's not stuck on the boot screen, I just think you're being impatient. And Apple and iPod doesn't suck, it's great. If you hate this great device so much, go back to palm!
  10. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    come on guys, be fair. We know hes clearly an imbesile but be constructive. Even if he must be the dumbest guy in the world not to be able to sync an ipod without breaking it.