ipod touch is really bricked, hosestly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arkangelmx, Jul 4, 2008.

1. arkangelmx

arkangelmx New Member

ok so o bought my ipod touch at the end of last year, obviously as soon as i got home i jailbreaked it, everything was working fine, i have force restored innumerable times, every time because something got messed up, but i could always restore, then i got an iphone so i gave my ipod touch to my wife, she loved to play izoo in it, so that was practically everything she would do with it, then 2 weeks ago the ipod just shut down while she was playing and wouldnt turn on, i tried to recharge it but i didnt get any feedback about it charging (tried it on every USB port in my computer, even in my macbook on both of the USB ports and nothing), so i just decided to let it connected overnight to see if it would work, the next day i tried to turn it on again and the apple logo appeared, but very dark, as if the display light wasnt on and nothing happened, then i tryed to restore it, but itunes wouldnt recognize it, tried to force restore, on both methods (holding home and sleep at the same time then releasen sleep, and holding home while connecting to usb) i never failed to use them but this time it wouldnt work, so i thought on letting the battery drain and then recharge it, through out the day i kept on cheking it, and it was hot as if it were on and doing stuff but there was only the barely visible apple logo, by the night i tried to to turn it on, then finally it turned on, it asked me to charge it so i did, after a few minutes of charging it turned on and everything worked fine, i didnt restored because my wife didnt want to loose her iwoman tracking, then last tuesday, again it turned off all by itself and wouldnt turn on again, the only difference this time is that it wont turn on after i cherged it an drained it quite a few times, apparently today the display now just wont show anything so i dont know if its charging o what, again i tried to force restore on both methods and nothing, i tried i liberty, ziphone, itunes to get it to dfu but nothing... any help will be geratly appreciated

firmware 1.1.4
    not pwned
    jailbreaked with ziphone

if you want any more info just ask
  2. brisingr

brisingr New Member

Tru puttingiut nanually in DFU. Try pwnage or iliberty next time. Ziphone is good 9/10 times because... (click link in my sig).
  3. arkangelmx

arkangelmx New Member

as i said i already tried ziphone, pwnage and iliberty, on both mac and windows,and nothing
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He said it won't work when he trys to manually put it into DFU mode.

Anyways, in my opinion, it wasn't very smart not to restore it after you got it running the first time. There are a few possible things that may be wrong:
    -A somehow corrupted firmware, even though the boot logo most of the time would still at least show.
    -Hardware problems.

Are you positive it hasn't made contact with water, recently?

Here is what I would do:
    Hold the power and home button for a few minutes. It may seem dumb, but sometimes it can take a while for the iPod to manually reboot.
  5. arkangelmx

arkangelmx New Member

the water seal is white, i know it was stupid from me not to restore, but the wife is the wife... ive tryed to hold them for almost a minute and but still nothing happens... gonna try again... nope this time it works
  6. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

it seems some sort of defect occured with the iPod.. i suggest attempting to turn it on and if it works again, restore, if you are sure it is not going to work, go to the nearest apple store and give them one of the old excuses. "I was restoring my ipod when i accidently tripped on the cord and pulled it out, now it wont work", and if they cant restore it, they give you A NEW ONE XD

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't say that you tripped on the cord..
    Say something like:
    " all of a sudden iTunes closed, and when I opened it again it gave me an error when trying to connect to the iPod. Now, after turning my iPod off and trying to turn it on, nothing happens."
  8. arkangelmx

arkangelmx New Member

that was what i was thinking to return it, the thing is that there are no apple store here in monterrey mexico, only resellers, i was planning to go to where i bought it but i dont think they will do anything really, but what can i loose