iPod Touch is electrifying, literally!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by reinhart_menken, May 5, 2009.

1. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken New Member

Hiya,

New member here. I just found out a couple days ago that my ipod apparently zaps, literally. I had my ipod plugged into the usb on my desktop, and I have my laptop sitting on the side. I was holding my "naked" ipod touch (unskined, yet) while I was doing something on the laptop, and my finger brushed through the earphone plug, and I got zapped - not too badly, just as "severe" as those prank toys that zap you (though I know some people can't even stand it - it rather feels like just vibrations for me).

Well, actually, the first time I noticed was when I was logging into my laptop with the fingerprint thing, and my finger felt weird when I was scanning, so I touched it again. At first I though my laptop's broken somehow, so I checked the power line, then I realized that I'm holding an electronic device with an exposed metal side.

So I guess I completed the circuit coming from the wall, to my laptop, through the exposed metal on my laptop, through the exposed metal on my ipod, and then through the usb plug and to the other side of the wall that my desktop's plugged in. (though I must confess my rather lack of knowledge of physics)

Anyways, just thought it was rather interesting and cool

Please Register or Log in to view images

(or uncool) and I guess if you were somewhat of a technie (and I guess since you have an ipod touch and chances are that you jailbroke it - you would be one), it'd be interesting for those of you that didn't know this

Last thing I want to say is...try it out!

ps. I'm still waiting for my sgpstore body skin.
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    hmmm.... are you sure your not just confusing static electricity?
  3. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken New Member

It happened every single time I touched it, and that's 6 - 7 times now counting, don't ask me why