iPod Touch is dead..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ilkfc123, May 28, 2009.

1. ilkfc123

ilkfc123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've had my iPod Touch for only a month now, totally addicted..

I was washing my hands when the touch fell into the sink. It started flickering "slide to power off" and then just died.. I tried to turn it on immediately and nothing happened, and then I left it to charge. I've tried to turn it on after (many times) and it's still dead. The Litmus paper is about 1/5 red too. I don't really want a new one and if re-whitening the paper is too much work, I won't bother.

I have money, so I was wondering if there was any way to repair it? IDC about the cost, as long as it's less than $200 and will get my touch working perfectly again.

PS. I live in Australia and haven't seen any genius stores.

Anyone know any place that fixes water damage?
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First rule of thumb with any gadget when it comes in contact, REMOVE THE POWER SOURCE. turn it off immediately. Turning it on shortcircuits the device and possibly renders it useless. As for a store that will repair it, i'm not an aussie so i can't help you. Good Luck.
  3. ilkfc123

ilkfc123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it's short circuited, can it still be repaired? Like, if you repair all the parts?
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it can but its gonna cost $$$$$$$$.
  5. Kingfield

Kingfield Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you repair ALL the damaged parts, which would require A LOT of work just finding out which ones are broken, it would be more expensive and take longer than buying a new one
  6. ilkfc123

ilkfc123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Holy crap. For some reason, it's working now. I bagged it in rice, got impatient and took it out. Now it works fine. FTW!
  7. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hah. Rice fixes broken iPods? I'd have never guessed. Good to hear that it's working. I've got a question though. How the hell did you manage to drop it into the sink. The only way I could think that that'd be possible is if you were holding it in your elbow, armpit, or mouth, all of which sound like a HORRIBLE idea when you've got pockets. If you were pantsless, I don't want to know why you were in the bathroom with it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, like dark_side said, NEVER turn on a device that has been dropped in water or any other liquid immediately. It's best to wait a while, a few days even, just to make sure there's no water in the device still. Remember, water + device = bad.

No disrespect, just a bit of advice.

EDIT: I've got 1 more question, somewhat off topic, but where's the litmus paper on the 2G? I've looked all over and haven't seen anything.

EDIT 2: After a bit of looking under a bright light, I found something white. Is it at the very bottom of the headphone jack?
  8. Lumile

Lumile Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Rice + Hot Water Cupboard

Works for all wet electronics. Litmus paper? I use that stuff in science lol why is it in the iPod?
  9. WunDaii

WunDaii Banned

Happen to my friend if you find a place tell me about it
  10. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I realize your problem is solved, but just to point it out: If you live in the Gold Coast, there is an apple store just opened in Robina Mall.