iPod Touch is DEAD!!! Pls Help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moonlight031982, Apr 1, 2009.

1. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    This is the second time that my iTouch died. The first time is when I'm on travel, after I slept in the hotel and prepared for my meeting, I try to turn on my iTouch but nothing happened. the battery was fully charged, but I tried to charge it again but its not working. the screen is completely black and no sign of power. after a day when I get back home, I tried to charge it again and it worked... but after 2 weeks it happens again. at the moment charging my ipod still not working. it is still dead.

the 1st problem of my ipod before it acted this way is the broken home button. i just woke up that i can hardly press it, maybe i have slept on it so i need to press hard for the home button to work. my ipod is 1st gen 8gb in capacity and not jailbroken (it used to be jailbroken but when i updated to version 2 i was not able to jailbreak it again)

pls advise what should i do... thanks...
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Did you try plugging it into your computer?
  3. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes i did but still nothing happened. the computer isn't recognizing my ipod...
  4. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Plug ipod into computer
    hold home and power for ten seconds
    let go of power but continue holding home until itunes recognizes your ipod, then restore
  5. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1)its impossible for an ipod to die
    2)your broken home button may be the source of your problems, but personally i doubt it
    3)try putting it in dfu mode ( hold home + power for 10 seconds, let go of power and wait 8 seconds while your ipod is plugged into your pc, itunes should recognize it )
    4)if your lazy like myself and dont want to restore it, hold the home and power button together once it is in recovery mode and itunes recognizes it. this will reboot it and it should work, but again with a broken home button this is not possible to accomplish.
  6. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    oh my God, my really main problem here is my broken home button... can anyone had an estimate on how much the iStore will charge me for repairing my home button?
  7. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol.
    the iStore.
    just lol.
    no such thing as an " iStore" dude lmao, the question would be how much apple would want to repair it, and the answer would be not much, i'd say max 50-80$, but that even seems a bit high for a silly little button. Still, you should be able to turn your ipod on without your home button, using the power button. If i were you i would try and try holding the power button many times until it turned on, because im sure its possible.
  8. redforeva

redforeva New Member

stab your home button with a knife
  9. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Please dude, speak proper English, it makes it hard and annoying to read if you write badly....

Just take it to an Apple Store, its their job to fix it.... I'm sure they will be able to give you more information (related to money and repairs and so forth) than IPTF can give you.
  10. jimbellows

jimbellows New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the connection between the battery and the charger connection might be loose or damaged

Please Register or Log in to view images