ipod touch is broke please help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jonno12345, Feb 7, 2009.

1. jonno12345

jonno12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    guys please help. i jailbroke my ipod (1st gen) on firmware 2.2. i used cydia to unintall an old program on it and it got stuck and the ring kept on spinning. so i turned it off and now it wont come back on. bear in mind that iam a noob and need all the info i can get. i tried to restore with 2.2 (downloaded by myself) but did not work and also tried the restore and update by itunes but it also said that it cant restore please help!!!!

i also heard how to put in dfu mode but i cant even get to the slide to turn off bit. when i try to turn on it just gets stuck at the pineapple. please please please help!!!!!
  2. redsoxfan11

redsoxfan11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hold down the power and home button until it turns off
    if that doesnt work, idk whta to do
  3. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    to turn it off hold the home and power buttons for awhile until the screen goes black, now after it turns off plug it into a computer while holding home button until the connect to itunes screen shows up. you can now restore in itunes .
  4. jonno12345

jonno12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    guys i have tried that but it duont work???!!! ARGHH!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    its ok i dun it. i uninstalled my itunes 8 , then downgraded to 7.5, then downloaded 1.1 fw and put in dku mode and it worked hey presto!