Ipod touch / Ipone Corrosion poll...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cbp, Aug 27, 2009.

Does the power/headphone connector have evidence of corrosion/colored dust?

1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
  1. cbp

cbp New Member

Feb 1, 2009

I need your help with something.

On your apple device, I want you to check the headphone plug and the power connector (the one on the device).
    Check to see if you see any coloring or dust. If you can see some corrosion even better. Vote on the poll once you have looked.

Long story:
    Apple warranty is voided automatically if there is any sign of water or anything in the power and/or headphone connector.

I am trying to see if I am the only one with this issue or if it is normal wear and tear due to sweaty hands and the charger.

Yesterday, I opened up my ipod, whose warranty has been voided because of the above issue, and I saw that they didn't even open it up. No signs of water damage or anything like that.
    My problem was the power switch ceased to work due to a faulty connection. Cleaned up the connector with some alcohol and it is now working nicely.

TIP: If you are about to send your apple device for warranty reclamation, have the power and headphone plugs cleaned up. Any dust or anything like that may/will void your warranty and not have your problem fixed at all.
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Jul 13, 2009
    mine has some light dust/lint in it....but no corrosion or anything colored...