iPod Touch/iPhone tablet is very likely to happen!

Discussion in 'iPad Rumors and Pre-release Hype' started by Tom_L222, May 16, 2009.

1. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So first in the 3.0 software betas there have been 4 new iPhone/iPod touch devices named (excluding iProd):

1. iPod 2,2
    2. iPod 3,1
    3. iPhone 2,1
    4. iPhone 3,1

Unless apple have started working on an iPhone and iPod Touch to release in 2010 (very unlikely) 2 of them must have big changes, like a bigger screen).

Second, Apple ordered 10 inch touch screens, which none of there products out at the moment use:
    http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=0010002320KA
    http://www.9to5mac.com/10-inch-screen-mac-laptop

Thirdly, last week Amazon announced a larger kindle in a rush just a month after announcing a there 2nd gen kindle. The new kindle will have a bigger screen. Have they found out something about what Apple is making and are trying to compete?
  2. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Sounds cool but the only problem i would have is that it would take the whole ipod concept away from it leaving just another internet tablet ! And also wouldnt really fancy the price on or if realease date.
    But overall i think it would be a huge success, and would hope to see it in the near future

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but then it won't be an ipod... would it?
  4. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Exactely what i was getting at !!
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hasnt this been a rumor for like 10 years now? more likely to happen now tho.
  6. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

As long as rich white people continue to fuel Apple's market for expensive touch screen handhelds, Apple will have no other choice but to take the next step and integrate it into a tablet or macbook of some kind

I propose we take bets on how expensive it will be... I'm predicting 5 grand
  7. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I will buy a touchscreen PC only when it reaches the power of my $2000 HP HDX 18