iPod Touch/iPhone 2.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jelly, Jan 3, 2009.

?

Do you think my ideas would work and be easier?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have a few ideas for 2.3 that I'd like to hear your comments on:

If you like my idea, tell Apple!: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

I think it would be cool to be able to touch the wifi thing on the status bar of the iPod/iPhone and it will turn Wi-Fi off. If you touch it again, it will turn Wi-Fi on and view the box where you choose your network.

It would also be cool if you could mute the volume by touching a volume button on the top bar. The mute and volume feature on the top bar would be great for iPod Touch 1G users because they don't have physical volume buttons.

By the way: I chose the mute option because when I want to turn the volume off, I have to hold down the volume button, and the button is hard to press with the case I use. (Gear4 IceBox)

Also, it would be easier if you could change brightness by touching something (like a little sun logo -.-) on the top bar.

Therefore, it would allow you to turn wifi on or off, and change brightness without viewing settings.

Please comment and post your ideas. No sillyness please. This is a serious matter to me, you, and Steve.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    These are convenient features that I would love to see implemented down the road. If not all of them, at least the brightness.

I can't say if and when these could materialize, but can anyone?
  3. Zelda4Touch

Zelda4Touch Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sounds alright, but if you have a jailbroken an iPod/ iphone you can use sbsettings off of cydia, and you can access wifi and brightness real easy
  4. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Some people don't like jailbreaking though and lots of people recently got iPod Touch 2G's for Christmas. It's a great feature for them.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If you like my idea, tell Apple!: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html
  5. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

i like the idea about the wifi, it'll help a lot
    i think they should use the top bar more efficiently, i agree

@ zelda, i agree, but apple needs to give users more reasons not jailbreak, so this will help
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

it sounds like u want a sbsettings like app only its buttons on the taskbar
  7. iPortlock101

iPortlock101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    more customisation would be nice, coz atm if just feels like every other ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

Copy and Paste on Safari would also kick ass!
  8. Skyman747

Skyman747 New Member

I agree with the Volume thing. Even with SBSettings, the volume toggle just brings up a bar. Would like to have something to instantly mute it.
  9. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thanks for your replies. It's too late for Apple to implement this in 2.3 if 2.3 is unveiled at macworld. Tell apple and hopefully this feature can be put in for 2.3.1 or 2.4 or 3.0. ( whatever comes first )
  10. captainkeys9

captainkeys9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    One problem with the wifi idea. how exactly would you know when wifi was on or off. if the little symbol was there all the time. this would case alot of battery drainage if wifi was left on.