iOS 4.0 iPod Touch iOS4 jailbroken speed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by doriangh, Jul 6, 2010.

1. doriangh

doriangh Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    So as you know and see i have a 2G itouch 4.0 JB. But i don't get the multitasking and home screen walpaper. so that's why i Jailbreak.but when i put it i saw that it moves soo slow. So my question...: Is there a way to make ios 4.0 jb with multitasking and home screen walpaper installed separately work good? i mean as on the 3gs or itouch 3G or iPhone 4?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Son geta1

Son geta1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there a way to make a horse as fast as a Porsche?
  3. Wintertears

Wintertears Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    From what I've read what's causing the slowness in 2g ipod's is the way apple renders the homescreen. Try installing ios4 and enabling only the multitasking. Then since youre jailbroken just use a cydia alternative for the homescreen. Or try searching through some of the older post, I remember there was a post about deleting a few files to speed up the way ipods render the homescreen. Sorry can't link you directly, I'm busy doing something else at the moment

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. kobez17

kobez17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My Ipod touch 2g is better than ever (jailbroken with redsnow b3 I belive). It's a lot snappier and responsive WITH multitasking/backgrounds enabled. I don't know why, but mine is just fast.
  5. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would recommend not having the native multitasking and wallpapers to be activated when you jailbreak. Instead maybe try Backgrounder for multitasking, and Winterboard fpr custom wallpaper.