Ipod Touch internet - where is it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CaptainChaos, Oct 12, 2009.

1. CaptainChaos

CaptainChaos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Forgive me if this has been covered endlessly before.
    My son has just bought a 32gb ipod touch, and wants to browse the internet.
    He has downloaded the itunes thing & also updates from Apple.
    I have a Belkin wireless router, and it works fine with my computer/laptops/xboxes around the house.
    The ipod touch will not connect to the internet.
    It found the router, the password has been entered (although it seemed to be typing it in capitals not lower case which shouldn't be accepted but seemed to be), and there is a tick by the router name.
    Bluetooth also doesn't seem to connect. My mobile phone finds the ipod touch, but the ipod touch doesn't find the mobile phone & can't accept a file from my phone.
    Surely it should work now, but it won't find anything related to the internet.
    itunes = Can't connect
    Safari = Can't connect
    Maps = Cannot connect to the internet
    I have seen people mentioning the "wifi" symbol at the top of the ipod touch screen, but what does that look like?
    In Settings > Wi-fi networks, I click on my wireless router name, then it comes up with DHCP (with IP address/subnet mask & DNS all filled in), BootP with the same) and Static (with the same) ... should they ALL have the same information?What about http proxy? That's "off".
    What should I do now, as my son is getting homicidal, and obviously, it's ALL my fault.
    Help, please, will be tremendously gratefully accepted.
    Regards
    Ian
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Blue Tooth on the iPod Touch is only for blue tooth head phones ;O and there should be a button that looks like a arrow pointing up and if its blue press it and make it silver then it will be in lowercase and try getting on the internet with it
  3. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah don't worry about the phone/iPod Touch Bluetooth, it can't connect even if your wireless does work. About the rest I don't know about though.
  4. CaptainChaos

CaptainChaos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you, The Joey, I'll try that & get back to you if it's still messing about. Cheers for the bluetooth clue as well!
  5. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For the WiFi it will show up as it is okay; however you NEED to capitalize every character that is capitalized in the password. If it is not capitalized then it will show up as fine, yet you will not be able to use the WiFi capabilities.
  6. CaptainChaos

CaptainChaos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, if I type the password in capitals on the Touch, even though the wireless router is in lower case, it will show up with a tick next to it, but won't be able to use the WiFi.
    Am I right in thinking that the password needs to be exactly the same as the wireless router upper/lower case setup, like most passwords need to be?
  7. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yea if the password is in caps on the router it needs to be in caps when you enter it in
  8. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't click the arrow on the wifi, tap the name, it should ask for a password, put it in and it should work.
  9. CaptainChaos

CaptainChaos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok cheers guys - I'll reset it tomorrow & retry that - thanks for the advice, hopefully it'll sort it out!
  10. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I wonder why your son wants the internet.... hmmmm....