iPod Touch internet stuff up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kirby199629, Jun 25, 2009.

1. kirby199629

kirby199629 New Member

Hey everyone,
    So a few days ago i upgraded to OS 3.0 and jailbroke my iPod Touch 2g with redsn0w, but as soon as i opened it i discovered that the internet didnt work(so i couldn't install the stuff i needed to install on cydia). To describe it for you my iPod Touch had connected to the internet(i typed in pass word and all) and it even showed the blue wifi symbols in the top left corner next to the iPod sign. But when i went on safari or youtube it just said cannot connect to internet. So i decided to try and downgrade back to 2.2.1 but whenever i tried the error 1601 always came up. I even uninstalled iTunes 8.2 and reinstalled 8.1 and it still came up as 1601. So please reply because your replies will be deeply appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bound_by_da_key

bound_by_da_key New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    .......Don't downgrade. Try to put the IPT in DFU mode (and plug the IPT in ur computer.), then open itunes 8.2 and hold 'Shift' the click on 'Restore' and then restore back to firmware os 3.0 and then try to go online. If it dosen't work, I guess u have to downgrade it.
  3. kirby199629

kirby199629 New Member

ive done that many times already and it still doesnt work
  4. Whoooooop

Whoooooop New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you first have to quickfreedom it (2.2.1 2G jailbreak) and then the normal(!) clean firmware 2.2.1 via itunes
  5. wilts

wilts New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can connect to the internet using a different device on your network i assume?