iPod Touch in my car

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sparker781, Jun 4, 2010.

1. sparker781

sparker781 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've got a 2002 Explorer and a Pioneer CD player and wanted to know the cheapest way to play my ipod in my car...I know many people have asked this question, and I am the next one to ask it.

Thanks
  2. iDaMan

iDaMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It depends on if you can actually connect your iPod to your car. Is there a circular hole near your CD player that is about 1/2 cm. thick? If so, it is probably a microphone port, and you can buy a cable that will connect your iPod to there, and allow to play music. But considering the car is a 2002, you may very well have no microphone port.
  3. sparker781

sparker781 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'll check....I did install a Pioneer CD player in the car in favor of the stock one that came with it. I'll check...If not are the FM things you plugin for like 40 bucks even worth it?
  4. iDaMan

iDaMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I say they're not worth it, since you already have a CD player. You might as well just take your iPod music, put it on iTunes, and then burn it all to a few CD's. I'm nearly positive that you can do that. Then just take the CD's into the car. That will be TONS cheaper than $40.
  5. sparker781

sparker781 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Or i could spend some cash money on the modulator thingy for the back of my radio i thought that would allow me to use it in the car...no?
  6. iDaMan

iDaMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry, but I am not sure what that is exactly. But I still say that you just do the CD thing that I mentioned above. Most of the people I know do that, and they find it really convenient, especially since most CD players hold 4-6 CD's at once. That way, their entire iPod database is there at once.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, I found what you were talking about. That may actually be a better deal than the CD's. They will both probably cost the same amount of money, but the modulator thing will be directly from your iPod, and will require less work.

I found some at this address:
    http://www.handhelditems.com/ipod-touch-apple-ipod-touch-transmitters-c-4_5289_5316.html
    Hopefully that is what you meant with the modulator things.
  7. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. d.wig

d.wig New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Auxillery inputs did not come out for car stereos until 2005. Read that somewhere.

^ or buy a Ipod FM Transmitter for your vehicle, bit static however.
  9. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What is the model of your CD player? I fit quite a lot of car audio, and there is nearly almost a way to connect toyour iPod if the stereo was bought in the last 4-5 years. It may take some wiring but you should be able to sort it.
  10. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my friend had an adio tape adapter for his but never heard of a cd one... lol