iPod touch in my bag in the rain?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gillz, Aug 5, 2009.

1. gillz

gillz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I walked about 10 minutes in the rain yesterday, and had my ipod touch in that bag.

When I got to the train, I took it out, and there was a TINY bit of water on it. Some on the screen, some on the back. I just wiped it off, and it was fine. It turned on, worked perfectly.

I put it down on the seat beside me, and I noticed the screen turned on automatically without me hitting the home button. I hit the lock button again, and about 3 minutes later it does it again. I then turn it off completely, and sure enough, it somehow went to the slide screen a few minutes later.

It was super low on battery at the time also. There was barely ANY water on it at the time, and it wasn't sitting in water either. I've walked with it in my hand in the rain before, and it's taken more water then compared to now (I would just wipe off the water, no big deal).

Now I have an iPod touch (2nd gen) that won't turn on. Nothing, plugging in doesn't work in usb or the power adapter.

I blowdried it for 10 minutes, and now it's sitting in the bag of rice. I checked the paper thing in the headphone jack, and it's pure white.

I just want my iPod touch to work again. I'm taking a vacation in a week, and really want music for it.

I need to know what I can do at this point. I got the ipod at Christmas, and I checked on the Apple site, it says it's still under warranty. The receipt is at home (out of town atm) and I don't even know if I can find it. I'm close to Toronto, and I know there's an Apple store there.

I just need some help and advice for what to do. Ideas or thoughts? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    give it to apple as long as the water indicators haven't been set off
  3. gillz

gillz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What will apple do? Will they fix it or give me a new one? How long will it take?
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If its all under warranty (if you have a jailbreak remove with a dfu+restore and they shouldn't notice), they should give you a refurbished one,

I have no idea how long it takes or what process you go through, because I have never done it myself.
  5. gillz

gillz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Interesting, any other thoughts/opinions from others?
  6. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Give it a day or so. You might have more water inside that will dry eventually. Then, it might work again. Also, if you take it to a Apple store, and by some miracle the water indicators haven't gone off, they should give you a refurbished iPod on the spot.
  7. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you plug in the usb charger does it come up as USB not recongnized? or it doesnt even show up?
  8. gillz

gillz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I plug it in, windows doesn't see anything. Also, I tried a different power adapter, and cable, and they work with my friends iphone.
  9. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hopefully you will be able to get a refurbished one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

If I were you I wouldn't of plugged it in, water + electricity...