Ipod Touch in Dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by takeitfromme, Feb 1, 2008.

1. takeitfromme

takeitfromme New Member

Hello there,

I just posted the same msg somewhere else in this forum but thought of opening a new thread as the matter need some response.

I own a 16 Gig Ipod touch which i jailbroke two months ago. Its been working g8 until this afternoon but all of the sudden i got frozen screen. So i tried to reboot it but the screen went blank and i didnt see any slide button that usually appears before switching it off. I dont know if the machine is still on/off or just the screen gone blank

Since then i trying to reboot the machine but no progress at all. All i got is just a blank screen. Pressing the home button and power button for a while is not helping me.

Confg.
    I used version 1.1.1 when i jail broke it and never installed any strange application.

Please help me with you ideas. I can not afford to lost it. i mean it.

Help Help
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Have you tried rebooting it while it is connected to your PC? I had this happen while I was in the process of jailbreaking to 1.1.3 (for about the third time). It didn't freeze, but a reboot produced a blank screen and my computer wouldn't recognize it. However, when I rebooted into forced restore mode (hold power+home for about 8 seconds, then let go of power and keep home pressed for about 5 seconds, then let go) while it was connected to my PC it successfully went into restore mode. Then I was able to restore and all was well.
  3. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

try just holding down the power button for about 30 or 40 seconds until it re-boots and then u see the apple start up logo again.
  4. takeitfromme

takeitfromme New Member

hello there,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried what you have suggested but no response from it. It is not booting at all. I dont know if it could be a hardware probelm....

Keeping my fingers crossed
  5. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    press the home and power buttons at the same time, but not when it's connected to the computer.

it should force-restart it.
  6. takeitfromme

takeitfromme New Member

I have been doing that once in every 15 min but no progress on it.
  7. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Plug it into a power source and leave it alone for a while, when you think it is enough it isn't , watch a couple of movies.Then restart it.

In my experience sometimes the iPod just sh*ts out all its power , despite being full of juice moments before.
    Rest assured you haven't lost it.
  8. mackid1993

mackid1993 New Member

once it get's a nice charge do a force recovery. that should fix it. If it is a hardware problem re-format it, install 1.1.3, and exchange it at an apple store. just play dumb, jailbreak wha. This is my son's, are you implying that he broke out of jail.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. takeitfromme

takeitfromme New Member

Guys. Thanks for your ideas. I got a replacement from the apple store today.

Cheers!