ipod touch icons

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigbeefyburger666, Nov 26, 2007.

1. bigbeefyburger666

bigbeefyburger666 New Member

i want to be able to hack my ipod touch and have all my apps but i want it to appear stock.
    for instance i want to turn on my ipod touch and slide the slider and just see the original 7 icons but then when i slide my finger accross the screen to proceed the the next page i want to see all of my 3rd party apps.
    is this possible?

if anyone can help please respond

thank you

2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Idea: hide all other icons with customize. Plus hide an icon you don't use: i.e. Contacts. And replace the contacts with Customize, then make the customize icon the contacts icon. There might be a way to do this with iOrder, but since I don't have a touch, I don't know.
  3. bigbeefyburger666

bigbeefyburger666 New Member

What is iOrder?
  4. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

1. jailbreak the ipod...
    2. use installer to install SummerBoard + Customize + Finder
    3. Turn on SSH and use WinSCP (Windows) or Cyberduck (MAC) to connect to your iPod
    4. go to the /Applications/Summerboard.app folder and create an empty folder called "Hidden"
    5. inside that folder create a folder called "icons"
    6. inside the "icons" folder put an icon for Finder that is just a square of nothing (transparent)
    7. Use customize to hide all of your third party apps EXCEPT FOR FINDER, put it last
    8. set your summerboard theme to "Hidden"

Now whenever you want your third party apps, tap in the blank space next to the settings icon

Please Register or Log in to view images